Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Baby Shower Time

Last weekend I had the pleasure of throwing a baby shower for my sister.  Her baby girl is due via c-section on May 1st, and the family is excited. She chose pink and brown for the babys room, and the shower mirrored that theme.  We had amazing strawberry and chocolate cupcakes provided by the best neighbor ever - the one and only Kim Kindall.  I also served chocolate-covered strawberries.  For lunch we had ham and cheese sliders with a very nice spinach and strawberry salad.  I have never been a huge fan of shower games, so I only planned a couple. The first involved baby trivia. We learned that in the 1700's a woman gave birth to 69 children!! (nobody seemed to be jealous of her).  I also had the ladies match baby names with their celebrity parents.  All in all, we had a good time and the mom-to-be walked away with some nice gifts for my new niece.  





No comments:

Post a Comment